New and notes from around the interweb:
- I join the Miles to Go podcast talking about Citi and Amex devaluations, the end of most ancillary benefits on Citi cards and American Express-provided Priority Pass cards no longer offering credit at participating airport restaurants.
- Earn 500 bonus American Express Membership Rewards points for Resy restaurant bookings made and consumed between August 15 and September 30. You can earn the bonus 3 times, and need to add a Membership Rewards-enrolled Amex card to your Resy wallet in advance of the booking to earn the points.
- 25% discount on select Etihad Guest business class awards
- Pittsburgh airport is using Ai to generate TSA wait time predictions
- The eerie abandoned resorts of the Poconos mountains I remember going to summer camp in the Poconos, but the Catskills are still more familiar to me, my earliest childhood brought back by the Marvelous Mrs. Maisel episodes set there last season.
- Did Hertz’s devaluation knock one million free rental days off their books?
- Saudi Arabia will permit women to travel internationally without permission from a male guardian. Women can now drive there, too. That doesn’t mean the Kingdom respects human rights, but there’s slow progress in a Kingdom heavily influenced by Wahhabism.
- How the ‘decoy effect’ gets you to overspend. Remember that winning at mileage earning credit cards requires that those cards don’t influence you to spend more than you would otherwise and you should only buy what you were going to buy anyway on Black Friday but at a discount. Otherwise, you lose.
- The new DFW airport terminal D Buffalo Wild Wings will have a Top Golf inside.