News and notes from around the interweb:
- Ski Resort Economics: Billions Made from Lift Pass Sales Each Year
- New Air Force One delivery could be 17 months behind schedule
- The most unhinged Airbnb host in America?
- A Congressman has vowed to fight harsher penalties for people who bring guns through TSA checkpoints but here’s an interesting case. A California Assemblyman, who is running for Sacramento Sheriff, brought a gun with him to the checkpoint at Sacramento’s airport. The Sheriff’s office was called and they held the gun for him while he went on his trip.
Here’s the interesting wrinkle: there’s a legal exception in California state law for retired law enforcement to bring guns to the airport, it’s not clearly illegal unless they actually bring those weapons on the plane. Maybe this is a good place to begin the crackdown..? (HT: Paul H.)
- Why it’s almost impossible to lose things in Japan (HT: Paul H)
- Lookin’ good (at least against my diminished expectations).
No #PDB on LGA-DFW , but the Dallas-based FC FA was great; she was a trip highlight. The toasted nuts delicious, and a much welcomed entree change by @AmericanAir. I enjoyed everything on the tray, the broccoli salad accompaniment in particular. pic.twitter.com/IWQmZPk26h
— Stefano (@swest1991) March 7, 2022