News notes from around the interweb:
- Own a piece of the first Airbus A380 to be retired (HT: Paul H.)
- Treasure trove of airline data from average fare to flight distance and passengers by airport.
- Hacking the McDonalds app for free food
- Former Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott says the Malaysian government believed MH370 was a murder-suicide by the captain.
- Curious oddity – one foreign airline operates a single domestic U.S. route
In August 2014 Inter Island Airways needed to replace the engine on its airplane. That meant grounding its operations between Pago Pago and Fitiuta Airport in the Manu’a Islands of American Samoa. It was maybe going to return soon thereafter but that never happened. …Samoa Airways stepped up, offering to fly the 87 mile service while awaiting a US carrier to return to the market.
- Why Venezuela banned TAP Air Portugal it’s not as though a lot of airlines are flying to Venezuela these days.
- Don’t expect DFW airport to start a program allowing people without tickets to go through security as a handful of other airports have done.