News and notes from around the interweb:
- The Lounge Lizard interviews me in their latest video podcast.
- 2 Flights Narrowly Escape Mid-Air Collision At 3,000 Feet The breach of separation event involved two Indigo flights.
“Both runways were in use, the official on shift decided for single Runway operations i.e. North Runway for arrival and departure, South Runway will be closed but it was not communicated to South tower controller. South tower controller gave departure to 6E 455 Kolkata bound aircraft and at the same time North tower controller gave departure to 6E 246 Bhubaneswar bound aircraft without coordination,” DGCA official further said.
- AAdvantage miles and loyalty points from a Wall Street Journal trial via The Points Guy‘s Scott Mayerowitz.
- Interesting, years ago I used to love the Intercontinental in Jimbaran Bay.
The former Fairmont Sanur, Bali is coming back to IHG (the resort opened as a Regent hotel) and is already flying the Intercontinental flag ahead of its February 1 opening. @LoyaltyLobby @garyleff @LiveandLetsFly @OneMileataTime @spencerformiles pic.twitter.com/Oyj5e2eVS3
— Roni Walakandou (@roniwalakandou) January 21, 2022
- United Airlines expands pre-order meals
- 1000 miles for joining the China Airlines frequent flyer program (HT: Frequent Flyer Bonuses)