News and notes from around the interweb:
- Austin airport plans to scrap its four year old second terminal as part of expansion plans for a new midfield concourse which requires moving taxiways. Only that second terminal is privately run, and nobody thought to tell the company that has the 40 year lease.
Could we wind up with a mess like the Legend Airlines terminal at Dallas Love Field?
- United Airlines wants flight attendants to be visible and attentive
- This is insane.
Amtrak is so wild they’re actually asking for $117 billion to upgrade the northeast corridor pic.twitter.com/Iq58DSF4ph
— Matthew Yglesias (@mattyglesias) July 15, 2021
- Justice Thomas denies request for an injunction against the federal transportation mask mandate
- 90,000 points is the biggest offer I’ve ever seen for the Wyndham Rewards card (HT: @nick_roosevelt)
- Maldives will start collecting a departure tax in January
The legislation noted that both locals and foreigners travelling in business class will be charged USD 60, with those travelling in the first class having to pay USD 90. Foreigner traveling from economy class are required to pay taxes priced at USD 30, with Maldivians having to pay USD 12.
The tax will be priced at USD 120 for travelers leaving via private jets.