News and notes from around the interweb:
- Best use of Etihad miles on partners Etihad is a Citi, Amex, and Capital One transfer partner. What’s impressive of course are (1) redemptions on American at pre-2016 AAdvantage pricing, and (2) redemptions on Royal Air Maroc and the routings you can get for 44,000 miles in business class.
- This month’s Flying Blue promo awards are exceptionally weak, unless you want to fly premium economy to and from Mexico City.
- Financially troubled Star Alliance member Asiana may sell assets and cut routes
- Troubled Chinese conglomerate HNA Group is selling the parent of airport caterer Gate Gourmet
- I’m speaking at Travelcon in Boston which will be held June 27-29th. It’s billed as the largest travel media event of the year and since I’m a speaker they allow me to share a $50 discount code 50off. (Disclosure: no benefit to me from this code.)
- My post on blogging ethics was highlighted by an editor of Business Ethics Journal Review
- Fly Jamaica, whose only aircraft was damaged in November, has now laid off all its employees.
- Here’s an April Fool’s I missed yesterday — Hampton Inn Waffle-Infused Shampoo & Syrup-Blended Conditioner. (HT: Paul H.)