News and notes from around the interweb:
- Super Rare Award Alert: Air New Zealand to Niue
- Details of New York JFK’s planned $10 billion makeover won’t include a new runway and by the way the $10 billion won’t buy decent public transit to the airport either.
New York JFK Terminal 8
- Turkish Airlines will offer pre-order meals and dine on demand to business class
- It appears we’ll have a peaceful transition of power in the Maldives as voters reject their strongman President in favor of the opposition, and the country prepares to turn more towards India and away from China despite debts to China totaling a quarter of the nation’s GDP.
Park Hyatt Hadahaa Maldives
- An eleven year old.
A very emotional scene inside Dulles airport this morning when an 11 y/o, held by ICE for 6+ months, reunited with his mother & grandmother. He claimed asylum at the border and was detained, yet the mom was already living legally in VA. She sued the Trump administration & won. pic.twitter.com/rJaH7Eqh3q
— Patrick Torphy (@PatrickTorphy) September 22, 2018
- Girl dies after eating baguette from London Heathrow she had a sesame seed allergy and the seeds were baked in the bread, not on it. Sad story, the only travel point here is that whenever you leave the confines of your standard routine you’re more exposed than usual to unfamiliar things that can hurt you, more reliant on others for protection. A greater degree of awareness and caution are required.
- New strategy for airline customer service: tweet Piers Morgan. (It worked.)
— Piers Morgan (@piersmorgan) September 23, 2018