News and notes from around the interweb:
- Southwest Airlines hopes that booze will be back on board for spring break. Here’s how to get free drinks on Southwest.
- Man opened fire in the lobby of a New York City Holiday Inn
- Emirates extends pause on mileage expiration through June 30 and extends member elite status by 12 months.
- Short haul carrier SilkAir has been fully absorbed into the Singapore Airlines brand.
For over 30 years, SilkAir has made every journey a joy to fly.
As SilkAir continues its journey as Singapore Airlines, you can be assured of world-class service no matter how short your journey. pic.twitter.com/czayplQZqN
— Singapore Airlines (@SingaporeAir) January 28, 2021
- Malaysia Airlines moves to a revenue-based frequent flyer program April 1. There’s some benefit for short haul flyers, including on low fares flown on partner airlines.
- Through February 18, 2021, LifeMiles is offering a 25% bonus on points transferred in from Citi ThankYou Rewards. Since LifeMiles provides the bonus, this won’t be reflected on Citi’s site or during the transfer.
- Most cell phone lots are just parking lots, but at the Austin airport cell phone lot there’s now a Whataburger