News and notes from around the interweb:
- Through March 31 Emirates miles are worth ~ 1.5 cents apiece towards business class cash and points redemptions
- Singapore Airlines is putting lie flat seats in Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
Credit: Singapore Airlines
- Emirates will bring back 60 Airbus A380s by end of year. Since each A380 has two shower suites in first class, that’s 120 showers that’ll be flying within 6 weeks!
- Thai Airways showed a profit, but…
It attributed to factors such as profits gained by selling its stakes in companies such as Thai low-cost operator Nok Air and a fuel supplier company, as well as the sale of buildings and land assets. The carrier also saw gains from its debt restructuring, through adjustments on defaulted interest, derecognition, and adjustment of financial liabilities.
- How did I not know about the Southwest Airlines Ronald McDonald House ‘Spirit Of Hope’ aircraft?
— Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) November 15, 2021
- Boarding with a flourish.
Met this beautiful soul today @courtney1ov3 She made everyone SO happy! @Delta You need to give her a promotion! Wow!!! We need more humans like her!!! ⭐️👏 Truly the change she wants to see!!! 😃✨💫 From Flight DL353 to #Hollywood !!!! pic.twitter.com/WbrvG8EEQR
— Jearnest Corchado (@JearnestCO) November 16, 2021