News and notes from around the interweb:
- Targeted offer 6000 Southwest points for e-mail newsletter signup if you’re targeted this is a very generous offer.
- Troubled Chinese conglomerate HNA Group is selling its last global hotel chain interest, Radisson, to Jin Jiang group
- Starwood has some incredible properties in Porto Cervo, Sardinia — that in a matter of days you should be able to start booking for 60,000 Marriott points per night. But if you do just bear in mind that Sardinia will fine you if you take sand on your way home.
- Tel Aviv now has a Priority Pass restaurant in terminal 3
- I really like United’s attempt at ‘plain language transparency’ explaining the reason for delays — except not so much when the explanations aren’t true.
I received this message at scheduled departure time. We were already delayed, and it wasn’t because our original aircraft was inbound from LaGuardia. Instead this was a new tail, the aircraft was scheduled to arrive 20 minutes after our flight was scheduled to depart — and the new plane was running 17 minutes late.
- You don’t ask them questions you respect their authoritah When will Anna Paquin learn this?
Don’t get me wrong I appreciate the #tsa keeping us safe. I really do. But when you ask a simple polite question and get snapped/yelled at? This tired mama just burst into tears. A super hostile way to leave the incredibly hospitable and polite #Atlanta that I have loved living in for the last month. Also, makes ya feel super dignified walking through the airport with kids and gear unable to stop crying. #parentlife I mean I’m a twin mum… I assume nobody is pleased to see me in these settings and go on the charm offensive hard core!