Logging into my American Airlines AAdvantage account I see that I’m targeted for a promotion to earn bonus miles booking travel on the airline and paying with a co-brand credit card.
The offer is to register and book by August 31 for travel July 13 – September 30 to earn an additional 3 miles per dollar on each flight taken, up to 5000 total miles.
This is a targeted offer and it’s for spending on the Barclays-issued Aviator credit card. So far, so good. Presumably I was targeted because I have a Barclays-issued American AAdvantage credit card.
I have the Aviator Silver card which already earns 3 miles per dollar on American Airlines flights purchased using the card normally. With this offer the first $1666.67 in qualifying spend that I make will earn a total of 6 miles per dollar.
I preferred earning triple points on all spend in June, albeit capped at 2500 bonus points. But I like to see continued bonusing, especially since cardmembers are earning fewer bonus miles than in normal times for usual spend promotions.
Terms and conditions:
Promotion code: BC3CB
- This offer is valid for select AAdvantage® Aviator® Mastercard® card members and is not transferable
- Cardmembers must use their AAdvantage® Aviator® Mastercard® to purchase the flight to be eligible for the promotional 3X AAdvantage® bonus miles
- Flights booked with AAdvantage® miles or a voucher as the form of payment are not eligible for this promotion
- You must register by 11:59 p.m. CT on August 13, 2020, and before flight purchase and travel, in order for your flights to count toward this promotion
- Eligible flights must be both marketed by American Airlines and operated by American or American Eagle®, booked in any published, purchased fare, and ticketed by August 13, 2020
- Travel booked or canceled/re-booked after August 13, 2020, is not eligible to earn the promotional 3X AAdvantage® bonus miles
- You can make changes to your travel under the original booking (record locator) after August 13, 2020, and remain eligible for this promotion, when you fly by September 30, 2020
- All eligible flights must be flown between July 13, 2020, and September 30, 2020. All segments of your reservation must be completed by September 30, 2020, to be eligible for this promotional offer
Flights marketed and/or operated by other codeshare partners aren’t eligible
- Cardmembers will earn 3 additional AAdvantage® miles for each eligible flight, and these AAdvantage® bonus miles will be posted to the primary cardmember’s AAdvantage® account 6-8 weeks after September 30, 2020
- Failure to maintain your creditworthiness during the offer period may result in actions on your account, such as a credit line decrease, that would reduce your ability to take advantage of this offer
- To receive the AAdvantage® bonus miles, your account must be open, active and in good standing at all times
- If your card account is closed for any reason, including if you convert to another card product, you will no longer be eligible for this offer
- You can earn up to 5,000 total AAdvantage® bonus miles for this promotion
- AAdvantage® bonus miles don’t count toward elite status qualification or AAdvantage® Million Miler℠ status
- AAdvantage® miles are subject to the standard AAdvantage® program terms and conditions
- American may, at any time and without notice, change, stop or end this promotion in part or in full