I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- Where did 50 Cent spend all his money? (Yes, it’s travel-related)
- 1500 United miles for a 1-day Hertz rental
- Butlers who will ensure your kid’s sandcastles are better than anyone else’s
- 10 photos of things Greece intends to sell (at least a piece of) to meet the terms of its bailout — including the Athens airport, thermal hot springs, and hotels the government built and owns (which may offer insight into one of the many problems to begin with).
- Expertflyer’s survey of family travel behavior: 75% “Stole” Overhead Bin Space; and More Than 1/3 Brought Their Own Food to Eat On Board. Cool infographic.
- Fool me once… American plans to restart New York JFK – Caracas service December 17 “even though it has not repatriated more than half a billion dollars in revenue trapped in Venezuela as a result of currency controls.”
- Condor plans to fly Austin – Frankfurt starting next June. British Airways already flies Austin – London and is upgauging from a 787 to 777 on the route.