I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
News and notes from around the interweb:
- In Amsterdam and other cities you can buy insurance against fines for violating coronavirus curfew (HT: Marginal Revolution)
Hundreds of young people in Amsterdam and other cities have gathered in app groups in which they ‘insure themselves’ against fines for violating curfews. “If you transfer 10 euros before you are fined, you will be covered by the fund”, the manager promises.
- Woman jailed for 6 months over fake Covid test (HT: One Mile at a Time)
- Etihad is divesting its stake in Air Seychelles which will become entirely owned by the government. Etihad’s adventures in owning troubled carriers has not ended well – with Virgin Australia, air berlin, Alitalia and Jet Airways ending in bankruptcy and its stake in Air Serbia diluted.
- Rental cars can hit $600/day in the top leisure markets. If you can’t find a car rental at a decent price consider renting from a car dealership
- Business travelers missing five star hotels and business class flights of course not all business travelers traveled that way.
- Plaza Premium lounges are dropping out of Priority Pass after June 30, 2021 but will still be accessible directly using The Platinum Card® from American Express or on a pay-in basis.
Plaza Premium Lounge, Male
CitiBusiness® / AAdvantage® Platinum Select® Mastercard® Earn 65,000 AAdvantage miles.