News and notes from around the interweb:
- Here’s something from Jeff Bezos that really ought to generate a reaction from airline executives.
This is one of the ways Bezos expresses what he calls one of Amazon’s most important values: customer obsession.
“We talk about it, customer obsession, as opposed to competitor obsession,” he said. Often companies say they are focused on customers but they really spend most of their energy reacting to and talking about competitors.
- Druk Air ordered an Airbus A320neo to support its growth plans out of Paro, Bhutan.
- Study: 20% of British airline pilots are ‘clinically burnt out’, with over three quarters starting their shifts ‘fatigued’
- Business class duvets now cost airlines about $10, up from $5 in the past and last 30-50 flights if customers don’t take them first.
- Kristen Bell loves JetBlue’s food
- This Aeroflot ad from 1970 is amazing, leaving aside that advertising itself is antithetical to socialism. (HT: Ilya S.)