News and notes from around the interweb:
- United CEO Oscar Munoz says dropping their NRA conference discount wasn’t meant to be political. Outside of Newspeak it is of course political. And I don’t have a problem with it. Just acknowledge it. Didn’t they learn from Delta’s debacle pretending dissing the NRA made them neutral?
- 38,000 Flying Blue miles to pay for a checked bag??
- DFW airport will rebuild its busiest runway but says this won’t cause flight delays.
- US imposing new requirements on Russian aircraft in retribution for Russian intransigence on its own airspace. So we’re not only escalating trade disputes with China and the EU.
- American Express will use a private blockchain to integrate merchants into Membership Rewards
- Sun Country is getting rid of first class and will install slimmer seats, there will be varying seat pitch offered and of course more legroom costs more. Not surprising from an airline that announced the end of its elite status too.
- Just the luck of the Irish at SFO yesterday I guess.
— Rami Dahud (@Ivan_DrawGo) May 23, 2018