News and notes from around the interweb:
- Reminder that you can earn Avios when you fly United though it’s hard to imagine a world where that’s a good idea. Unfortunately you cannot earn United’s miles when traveling on the European carriers which use Avios as a currency.
- The food United Airlines is currently serving on board
- Airbnb ‘black box team’ spends $50 million a year quieting problem stays and keeping them out of the press
- In the Official Guide to Wine Snobbery (a great old book for getting comfortable with wine) author Leonard S. Bernstein remarked that he learned a lesson early on that one didn’t make a dinner reservation under ‘Leonard Bernstein’ in New York even if that is your name.
- Architectural Digest on airplane premium cabin design
- Man charged for reportedly walking through hotel naked, breaking officer’s nose