News and notes from around the interweb:
- The airline whose pilots and flight attendants are afraid to come to work
- Starwood had double posted (and more) elite stay and night credit for co-brand credit card holders. Now it appears they’ve reversed those stays and nights credited in error.
- 500 bonus United miles for spending $200 through their shopping portal. And the same offer with American. (HT: Doctor of Credit)
- Retiring American Airlines pilot wrote a letter to passengers sharing how grateful he is.
Captain on my LAX-DFW flight this morning was piloting the last leg of his 33-year career. His family was in first class, and inside of the plane was festooned with streamers & balloons.
In Dallas, we were greeted by a celebratory arch of water cannons on the tarmac. Touching. pic.twitter.com/qIsnzonO9B
— Sam Farmer (@LATimesfarmer) January 28, 2018
- New Smithsonian video on the 1988 Trans-Colorado crash at Durango La Plata Airport. (HT: World Airline News)
- Cathay Pacific’s new foray into yoga.