News and notes from around the interweb:
- Smithsonian’s Air & Space magazine: When Airliners Vanish
- Modern Family staffer live-tweets a passenger’s drunken meltdown (HT: Brian B.)
- Another vote for the Singapore Airlines Prawn and Chicken Laksa. I consider it to be the best meal I’ve ever eaten on a plane.
- It seems that police at Newark airport have caught the bug and decided that Uber drivers are very very dangerous and something has to be done to stop the menace. Boggles the mind. (HT: @MilesAficionado) Apparently airports like the crackdown, though. There’s plenty to criticize in United’s deal with Uber, for instance, but airports’ complaints won’t garner a ton of sympathy.
- Meanwhile economists are nearly unanimous in their support for Uber and Lyft (with commentary by former Obama Council of Economic Advisers Chair Austin Goolsbee).
- Congratulations to Andy’s Travel Blog celebrating 100 posts! WordPress tells me I’ve written over 9300 .. but I still learn something new every day. (I can certainly poke fun at myself for all those posts, I’ve been called a cyborg and Rapid Travel Chai calls me the Associated
- Register for double ppints on Hertz rentals, October 1 through December 15.