News and notes from around the interweb:
- The CEO of Star Alliance says there are too many airline and airport apps. And Bernie Sanders says we don’t need so many kinds of deoderant. (Me, I’m just happy when a given app is functional and when my fellow passengers use deoderant.)
- Amazing airport employees take little boy’s lost stuffed tiger on a big, adorable adventure
- With United abandoning JFK and the premium JFK-West Coast routes, jetBlue will begin New York JFK – San Francisco Mint flights and increase frequency to LAX.
- Hungry for Points decided to cancel his ultra-exclusive JP Morgan Palladium card (the one that President Obama has).
- Thailand’s aviation safety regulator has been downgraded further by ICAO
- A man onboard an Etihad flight from Abu Dhabi to Melbourne attacked a flight attendant seven hours in after being told he couldn’t smoke onboard.
There were about six or seven men who held him down and then the crew supplied cable ties to tie him to a seat in the last row…We were trying to ask if things were okay, but the crew didn’t give that reassurance. It was six hours of uncertainty. Etihad didn’t acknowledge anything was wrong until they told us to stay seated when we landed so police could board the plane