News and notes from around the interweb:
- How Austin’s airport wound up being relocated to Bergstrom Air Force Base
- Lufthansa let business class passengers assign first class seats on some aircraft. Now that they’re selling first class cabins again, those passengers are being booted back to business. One passenger is suing because he relied on the offer of a first class seat with business class service in making his decision whom to fly (buy a ticket from), Lufthansa’s claims that seat assignments are never guaranteed notwithstanding.
- Southwest is considering flying from Fort Lauderdale to South American with Boeing 737 MAX aircraft
- Delta employees have been recruited to clean Sky Clubs in Atlanta. And Alaska Airlines employees are being asked to move baggage on the ramp in Seattle.
- Man accidentally left his snake at a hotel and the hotel found it and returned it to him. So why is anything I ever leave behind 100% lost? And where is Samuel L. Jackson when you need him?
- “KLM has taken note of this video with horror and rejects these images and statements shown” (HT: @travel33t)
@KLM medewerkers op @Schiphol juichen dat kist met marokkanen oprotten naar marokko. “Lekker enkeltje oprotten”. Zie video! Wagelijk! #racisme #haat ben benieuwd naar het excuus voor dezr haat. pic.twitter.com/dj7Qi4OWc9
— Dr. Charifa Zemouri (@DrZemouri) July 7, 2021