News and notes from around the interweb:
- Jetstar (Australia) reminds passengers to dispose of their drugs before landing. There was a rush for the lavatories.
- Rocketmiles has extended their 3000 bonus miles for first hotel booking through August 8. That’s on top of the usual miles you earn for booking hotels for yourself or others.
The site has a limited number of hotels and in a limited – but growing – number of cities. It rebates you a potentially large number of miles for your reservations. (You generally won’t earn hotel points for your stays booked through the site.)
- Best options for buying Visa and MasterCard gift cards.
- Even as Thai Airways rolls back their devaluation and promises notice of future ones, Jet Airways of India appears to be charging 50% – 60% more for several international awards. Turns out their planned changes were released online early and weren’t meant to go into effect until September when fuel surcharges will actually go away on redemptions.
- TSA agent arrested after taking taxi to LaGuardia airport and not paying.