I receive compensation for content and many links on this blog. Citibank is an advertising partner of this site, as is American Express, Chase, Barclays and Capital One. Any opinions expressed in this post are my own, and have not been reviewed, approved, or endorsed by my advertising partners. I do not write about all credit cards that are available -- instead focusing on miles, points, and cash back (and currencies that can be converted into the same). Terms apply to the offers and benefits listed on this page.
The Bilt Mastercard, the no annual fee card that lets you earn points paying rent at no cost (up to $100,000 per year) and earns double points on travel and triple points on dining, earns even more one day a month for “Bilt Rent Day,” but for this month it’s running a full week thanks to Black Friday.
November 25th – December 1st cardmembers receive double earnings on all of their spend except rent (which still earns 1 point per dollar).
- Double points on all non-rent spend, up to 50,000 extra points
- And that double points isn’t just ‘an extra point’ they even double the accelerator categories, so it’s 6x on dining, 4x on travel, and 2x on all other purchases except rent
Note that you still need 5 transactions a month to earn points.
What To Do With Your Points
Each Bilt point can be spent at 1.25 cents apiece towards travel through their portal or transferred 1:1 into:
- Star Alliance: Air Canada Aeroplan, Turkish Miles & Smiles, United Airlines MileagePlus
- oneworld: American AAdvantage, Cathay Pacific Asia Miles, British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Plus
- SkyTeam: Air France KLM Flying Blue
- Non-alliance: Emirates Skywards, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Hawaiian Airlines HawaiianMiles, Aer Lingus Aer Club
- Hotels: Hyatt, IHG Rewards
With these great options – they have American and United as well as Hyatt as well as unique high value partners like Turkish – please don’t redeem your Bilt points with Amazon.