A survey of news and offers for the morning:
- A Skywest pilot, wanted for murder, tried to steal a regional jet to escape authorities. He creashed it on the ground instead. (HT: Seacarl on Milepoint.)
- bmi’s partnership with Virgin Atlantic ends August 31. It was a foregone conclusion that you would no longer be able to earn and redeem between these two airlines once British Airways acquired bmi.
- Wyndham Rewards is offering quadruple miles or points beginning with your second stay booked between July 17 and September 13 , 2012 and completed by September 20. The promotion is valid for up to four stays (stays numbered 2 through 5) and up to 3 rooms per stay. Registration required.
- Wandering Aramean flags that Alaska Airlines is offering 15 minutes of free Gogo inflight internet on all flights operating wholly within or between the Pacific and Alaska time zones. You’re going to log on, download your email, and you’ll be hooked. Because after 15 minutes you won’t be done. Trust me, it’s crack. You’ll crack open your wallet…
- Club Carlson 50% off on award redemptions at select hotels in Europe, the Middle East and Africa through September 29 for stays in August and September with promo code 50REDEEM. There’s no published list that I could find of which hotels are participating on which dates.
- Via Loyalty Lobby, you can earn 10K bonus Club Carlson points for stays of two nights or more at any of their hotels in the Asia Pacific region between July 17 and September 30. Registration required.