News and notes from around the interweb:
- This 4 year old’s Make a Wish trip included a ninja-themed party in the Admirals Club.
- How much the British Royals spend on airfare (HT: Samantha Rosen)
- Bonvoyed! I mean, who ever heard of a negative goodwill bonus?
- The biggest shame in rewards cards is how Citi devalued Diners Club to cut costs and then sold the North American brand to Bank of Montreal, who then let it languish. I used to use it for rich rewards, two billing cycles to pay, and primary collision on rental cars before anyone else had that. When Diners Club eliminated all dining benefits, along with moving to Mastercard for payment processing, it was effectively done although applications briefly opened for a rejuvenated product in the fall of 2014.
- A Southwest Airlines marriage proposal.
When you meet on a Southwest flight, you get engaged on a Southwest flight. Congrats to Matt and Rachelle! 🍾 pic.twitter.com/hnJvTgbWJs
— Southwest Airlines (@SouthwestAir) October 12, 2019