News notes from around the interweb:
- Citibank had problems with its phone system this week. They weren’t hacked, this was just a programmed-in error message.
— Jerone Anderson (@jeroneanderson) May 20, 2020
- How air traffic control has changed in the ‘rona era
- Thanks to coronavirus the Salt Lake City airport will finish its expansion two years sooner and save $300 million in the process (HT: Jonathan W.)
- Texas ends mandatory quarantine for passengers arriving from coronavirus hot spots
- Travel-related unemployment hits 51%
- United’s new Clorox partnership for COVID-19 cleanliness
- Expedia wants its subsidiaries to stop competing against each other for Google keywords but it’s the total volume of ad spend that drives up prices more than direct competition. Only if they’re able to move away from spending as much on search will their plan succeed.