News and notes from around the interweb:
- Seedy Atlanta strip club meets boutique hotel
- Police find $400,000 in murder victim’s hotel room and they want to keep the cash.
- A few days ago I wrote about American Express reporting referral bonus points to the IRS. Chase is doing it too.
- Bermuda has a new digital arrivals card but you still have to print it and bring it with you, so it’s not very digital.
- Turkish Airlines has to reinstate employees a court found they fired for joining a union
- Time lapse video of a wheel being changed on an aircraft
- Perks you can get with your boarding pass
- Delta is sending out socks to Boston elites, they’re going to ‘knock your socks off’ defining their own category for winning Boston, the number 1 ‘global carrier’ as opposed to a larger carrier in Boston that isn’t “global.” SkyMiles, in Boston parlance, is said to equate to Revolutionary Rewards. What do you consider to be revolutionary about the SkyMiles program? (HT: Brice V.)
- American Airlines is launching service from Philadelphia to Dubrovnik and is seeking Croatian speaking flight attendants. Apparently People magazine must be coming out in Croatian. The job posting fails to note one of the requirements is the ability to not serve predeparture beverages.