News and notes from around the interweb:
- UK border officers no longer need to verify negative tests from those arriving from Green and Amber list countries I assume that airlines will still verify tests at check-in since they don’t want to risk having to fly someone out who doesn’t meet entry restrictions.
- Rental cars aren’t just too expensive, they’re often not even available. Consider extending your rental and returning early, you will usually get the extra days taken off your bill.
- Designer creates ‘excess baggage jacket’ to save on bag fees. I mean, it’s really just a SCOTTeVEST, right? (HT: Donald W)
- Marijuana no longer seized at TSA checkpoints in New York
- Security at the speed of government: The House passed a bill, a year and a half into the pandemic, requiring the TSA to come up with a plan “to reduce the risk of COVID-19 spread at passenger screening checkpoints and among agency personnel” which would then be evaluated after a year to see the extent to which that plan had been implemented.
- They say “whether you’re going to heaven or hell, you’ve got to connect in Atlanta.” So, too, for Collin Morikawa after winning his second major in 8 months, dragging his trophy through the airport.
— MattAdamsGC/FoL (@MattAdamsFoL) July 19, 2021