News and notes from around the interweb:
- Is today’s IHG Rewards Club discounted points purchase ‘daily deal’ worth it? You can buy a whole bunch of points at a deep discount, but I’d rather wait until I need them and buy the points for only $0.001 per point more. This is the most appealing American Express – US Travel Association Daily Deal yet this year.. but I’m giving it a miss.
- 300 free La Quinta points for watching videos is back. (It’s been offered here, here, here, here, here, and here.) Incidentally, my entire mental model of La Quinta was blown this weekend when I saw a La Quinta across the street from — rather than next to — Denny’s.
- Air Canada’s Aeroplan is offering 750 bonus miles when you redeem miles between June 1 and July 31 for a Starwood hotel stay through the end of the year.
- The US Airways 100% bonus on purchased miles has been extended a few more days, through May 31.
- The Australian version of BankDirect: earn 12 Qantas points per AU$100 average balance each month and 5 Qantas points per purchase via their debit card (surely someone will write scripts to make 1 cent purchases..).