News and notes from around the interweb:
- Are airplanes at risk from falling space debris like old rockets and satellites?
- JFK airport Hilton will become affordable housing complex losing one of the better JFK options actually though, lack of a shuttle aside, Hyatt Regency JFK at Resorts World is now my JFK layover hotel of choice.
- Etihad A380 First Apartment customers can now upgrade to The Residence for ~ $2,500 one way on the plane’s current London – Dbu Dhabi route. Pricey and this is for the seat only – larger seat, shower, and bedroom. It does not appear to include the old, upgraded soft product. However it does appear that award passengers, even partner award passengers, should be eligible. Please share any data points.(HT: One Mile at a Time)
- Lufthansa now believes the don’t have enough first class and that premium cabin spend is recession-resistant (paywall). I do not believe this second point – while there are people who will ‘still have money’ there are also people who won’t!
- This will make you think less of TSA, even accounting for how little you should think of TSA to start with: TSA investigated for abusing dog
This is reportedly a TSA agent at Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport. I don't care how much you hate your job, don't take it out on the innocent animals. pic.twitter.com/oKHpxxISt5
— 🥀_Imposter_🥀 (@Imposter_Edits) May 7, 2023
- But then you post it to social media, so clearly just posing.
[…] by the city – and even relatively better hotels are being converted for this purpose. The Hilton JFK will become an affordable housing complex. The 50% number may not be right, but the magnitude of the challenge – financial, and […]