News notes from around the interweb:
- EU member nations may exempt ‘lovers’ and ‘sweethearts’ from their travel ban under the idea that ‘love is not tourism’ and so therefore travel is essential.
- The General Manager of LA’s Department of Transportation used encrypted auto-deleting email to circumvent the state’s Public Records Act.
- Hawaii doesn’t have details worked out yet for its August 1 tourism re-opening
…promising information at a later date on the age cutoff for children to be tested, how long the pre-arrival testing requirement and quarantine process will be in effect, and whether the program covers travel just from the U.S. mainland or also includes travel from other countries. And it doesn’t explain if returning residents will fall under the same stipulations.
- Austrian Airlines increases AIRail offering between Salzburg and Vienna Airport for greater climate protection
- Singapore Airlines announces new $12 fee for bookings made through a GDS starting January 2021 for certain regions (not yet including the United States)
- Changi Airport Group reports reopening of 80% of F&B stores and retail outlets