News and notes from around the interweb:
- St. Regis Maldives redemptions come with breakfast and dinner in May this is the start of rainy season, sometimes the heavy rains don’t come until June, I did once roll the dice (to coincide with a friend’s 40th birthday) and lost. Still, amazing hotel where food is very pricey so this is a potential big savings. Check rate details when you book, because it’s possible the offer could get pulled.
Overwater Villa With Pool, credit: St. Regis
- Way to go, LAX. The airport apologizes which is meaningless without actually fixing the problem that they caused.
LAX just banned Uber/Lyft curbside pickups today. THIS is the chaos it’s created.
It usually takes me 10 minutes to get a curbside ride. Today most of us waited 45 minutes. How is this better?@flyLAXairport pic.twitter.com/cVCpJRXfCV
— Karen Hua (@k_hua) October 29, 2019
- Halloween meal inflight on Air Force One.
The food on Air Force One today, via the press pool pic.twitter.com/HrGJ2vdWk2
— Michelle Kosinski (@MichLKosinski) October 28, 2019
- When hotel booking sites say there’s only one room left it often isn’t true
- Beware flying this Halloween: Michael Myers is an American Airlines flight attendant.
View this post on Instagram
@rach_skerrett , errr I mean #michaelmyers is flying the scary skies today, so ‼️BEWARE ‼️. Bring that seat up when you’re told to…or else 🤭💀🤣 #halloween . HAPPY HALLOWEEN, everyone! There’s a rumor going around that Halloween in Chicago is being rescheduled due to snow 🙄👻. You don’t “reschedule” trick or treating …you put them boots and coats on and suck it up. Just like we did in our day. Lol 🤣 candy is getting thrown out tonight regardless of who shows up. Get it OUT of my house!
- A self-refuting ranking of frequent flyer programs. 10Best said Spirit Airlines is best.
- Inside Gate Gourmet at Washington Dulles airport.