News notes from around the interweb:
- Fiji Airways laid off all its flight attendants
- Germany taking 20% ownership of Lufthansa in exchange for $9.8 billion bailout the stake rises to 25% plus one share in the event of a takeover attempt. $3 billion in government funding is a loan. Lufthansa was a state-owned enterprise until 1994.
- St. Lucia is open to tourists starting June 4 with a host of restrictions. You need to have a negative COVID-19 test within 48 hours prior to flight, and your temperature is going to be checked on arrival and every time you have a meal.
- The making of Airplane!
- Air New Zealand re-opening lounges
- Hertz Was Already in Terrible Shape. The Pandemic Finished It Off. (WSJ) The company’s market value had already fallen about 85%.