News and notes from around the interweb:
- A wild rumor about American Airlines
- Former TSA Head: “toxic culture” with “terrible” morale and frequency of failures reaching a “frightening” level. Relatedly, there’s an event tonight Why doesn’t the TSA keep us safe?
- Star Alliance revamps its business program, and the signup bonus is enough for a free upgrade within Europe.
- You may be able to buy United miles at 1.9 cents using their award accelerator function (buying miles in conjunction with a ticket, of course tickets are refundable for 24 hours but the miles purchased this way are not). That’s the price they were selling miles at through their 100% bonus social promotion, and it’s a bit more than I’d be a buyer at.
- One of the odder things I’ve read on a travel blog, but.. How not to sneeze.
- A TSA toilet paper commercial Enjoy the go!