News and notes from around the interweb:
- ‘Crazed’ Thai Smile passenger rips plane’s emergency exit door open before takeoff
- New York’s Department of Financial Services is investigating Goldman Sachs Apple Card business for gender discrimination in credit decisions – because of a viral tweet about a husband and wife receiving markedly different credit lines when approved for the product.
- Virgin Hotels will enter the Las Vegas market without resort fees because those are deceptive.
- Zombie loyalty program JetPrivilege – whose associated airline Jet Airways no longer flies – is planning a makeover.
- Supreme Court will decide whether ‘Booking.com’ is too generic to trademark (whether adding ‘.com’ to a common word can be trademarked)
- Southwest Airlines… if you’re happy and you know it then you know what to do!