News and notes from around the interweb:
- New frequent flyer learning event, along the lines of Frequent Traveler University and the Chicago seminar, that’s focused both on travel loyalty programs and beating casino loyalty programs too: Check out Zorkfest.
- An artist who paints while sitting in coach
- Southwest flight attendant claims she was fired for her religious and political beliefs she didn’t want to pay union dues that would go to pro-choice causes.
- Air France tried to sell excess seats inexpensively to customers, and its unions revolted fearing they wouldn’t be able to travel free (HT: Jonathan W.)
- Boeing jet hijacked in 1977 returns home — inside a giant cargo plane
- 20% bonus transferring points to Etihad Guest through end of October. Not all points (eg Starwood, American Express, Citibank) count. Marriott works, but Etihad is a travel package ‘2’ which earns fewer miles to start with. (HT: Loyalty Lobby)