News and notes from around the interweb:
- Earlier this month I wrote that IHG One Rewards had started allowing hotels to restrict ‘specialty’ entrees from the Diamond breakfast benefit and predicted that this was a loophole hotels would ram a truck through. I understand that they might not expect a property to serve lobster (as I’ve had at Hyatts in Boston as part of their breakfast benefit) but without any language around what’s ‘specialty’…
We’re already seeing this! One property has started charging Diamonds extra for omelets and for pancakes considering both to be ‘specialty’. Sad.
- 30% off Singapore Airlines premium economy awards New York JFK – Frankfurt
- Citi ThankYou Rewards added Accor as a transfer partner at 2:1. Meh. Capital One is also 2:1 with Accor, so 2,000 points = 1,000 points in Accor’s program where each point is worth 2 euro cents.
- Marriott is offering 40,000 bonus points for a 4+ night, $1500 minimum spendHomes & Villas bookings made through May 19, 11:59 PM for stays by September 9, 2023.
- 25% bonus from Citi ThankYou Rewards to Air France KLM Flying Blue through June 17, 2023.
- The SouthWoke trolling campaign continues.
Culture wars via Dallas billboard (or so I’m told.). Do yourself and don’t visit the URL on it pic.twitter.com/RgOP93zig3
— 🇺🇦 JonNYC 🇺🇦 (@xJonNYC) May 15, 2023