News and notes from around the interweb:
- Regulations that cover business class seats with doors
Credit: Qatar Airways
- New Siri shortcuts including one for American Airlines. Saying “Hi Siri, flight update” provides information from the American Airlines app about upcoming travel plans, incorporating geolocation data to know what to share such as flight status, travel time to the airport and gate information.
This seems bottom of the list of how American Airlines should be investing its IT resources, but good for Apple types to know.
- I’m speaking at Travelcon in Boston which will be held June 27-29th. It’s billed as the largest travel media event of the year and since I’m a speaker they allow me to share a $50 discount code 50off. (Disclosure: no benefit to me from this code.)
- 3 rounds of changes to the El Al Matmid Club April 1, July 1, and December 1.
- Star Alliance working to let you spend one airline’s miles for another member’s duty free which is a terrible idea (value) for consumers.
- In one housekeeping contract Marriott has agreed not to “introduce programs that allow guests to go without room cleaning for several days.” (Union members were angry over ‘Make a Green Choice’.)