News and notes from around the interweb:
- Good read. The saga of Anbang insurance’s fraud, several Ritz-Carlton hotels and the Waldorf=Astoria New York as well as the Essex House, are part of a $1 trillion dispute pending in Delaware court. Fraud or not, I still wish Anbang had bought Starwood…
- ANA tests germ-busting elbow door knob
- And speaking of ANA, a reader shares paperwork on Virgin Atlantic accidentally refunding the airfare they were supposed to pay ANA on a first class award, in addition to taxes/fees. For Houston – Tokyo Narita that’s $665.80 one way.
I’d have guessed ~ $550 – $600, so this is a little higher but still in the ballpark.
- Watch this Boeing 747 fighting a California fire. (HT: George S.)
- Mine isn’t the only tribute to recently-departed American Airlines corporate communications team member Ross Feinstein.
- American Airlines Boeing 757 made of LEGO.