News notes from around the interweb:
- Zach Griff at The Points Guy says American is on its way to eliminating award charts however revenue-based redemptions and award charts can co-exist, and have for years. So far American is taking the correct approach to revenue-based awards.
- Etihad considers retiring the Airbus A380, not taking delivery of Airbus A350s. The A380 will be sad to see go, Etihad’s First Apartment on that plane really is incredible.
- Surprisingly the new American Airlines award search tool doesn’t suck
- Wow: tent fumigation of a 250 room Hawaiian resort
- Cambodia wants non-stop flights to the U.S. Umm….
- A portrait of homeless living at Chicago O’Hare. Why do you think New York airports are using the pandemic as justification for new access restrictions?