News and notes from around the interweb:
- oneworld confirms it has talked to China Southern about joining though ‘formal talks’ have not yet occurred.
China Southern Boeing 787 Business Class, Credit: China Southern
- At one airport in Japan bags are wiped down before they’re returned to passengers. What a stark contrast to how they’re treated here in the U.S. This amazing baggage video shows how baggage handling should be done. And it’s from Tokyo Narita, natch. (HT: Mark U.)
- Chinese travel megacompany HNA has been shedding assets, it turns out that’s supervised by the government
“It looks like the regulators have gone beyond simply cutting back HNA’s assets and maybe moving toward complete dissolution of the company but they have yet to declare that as the official policy,” said Andrew Collier, managing director of Orient Capital Research, which focuses on China.
- Hyatt will open Andaz La Mer in Duba, hopefully in 2020
- Egypt Mad Over Nude Photo Shoot At Top Of Great Pyramid of Giza
- JetBlue’s Christmas party looks like it was pretty amazing. I wasn’t invited, but rapper Safaree was and he dissed pretty hard on United. He says United makes first class feel like coach, and tells them to “get your weight up.”