News notes from around the interweb:
- Qantas elite status credits register and book by February 25 for future travel.
- Details of 10.6 million MGM hotel guests posted on a hacking forum (HT: Jonathan W.)
- UAE Pardons Moroccan Actress Who Danced ‘Provocatively’ with Tyga Know local laws, and have eyes in the back of your head – the actress praises allah for charges being dropped, saying she didn’t see what the American rapper was doing behind her.
- Washington Dulles had more passengers than National airport last year. National is slot controlled, and revenue from National is used to subsidize airline fees at Dulles (put another way, local government requires American Airlines to subsidize United – while the federal perimeter rule remains in effect at National protecting United at Dulles from competition on most flights over 1250 miles).
National Airport Historic Terminal
- Unusual hotel elite status benefits.
In 2018, we got internal docs showing 1,100 VIP guests at @realdonaldtrump’s DC hotel.
Only 9 had reached Gold status in the “Trump Card” loyalty program.
Now, 1 of the 9 is Trump’s ambassador to the UN.
And another is acting head of national intelligence. https://t.co/Tl9LtXrsoc
— David Fahrenthold (@Fahrenthold) February 20, 2020