News and notes from around the interweb:
- Details of the LATAM 767 that was shot with a bullet in the wing
- Coyotes from the Bronx living at New York LaGuardia airport
- Aeroflot has filed bankruptcy for two of its regional carriers
- Thai Airways investigating bribes from Rolls Royce that may have influenced engine purchase decisions
- Chuck Schumer says all passengers should be able to use overhead bins without extra charge. Of course they can — even under Basic Economy fares, passengers can put their personal item anywhere they wish. The issue is whether they are allowed to bring a full sized carry on onboard the plane. Surely the Senate Minority Leader has more important priorities in opposition under the new administration.
- Korean Air has used stun guns on five passengers. After the Richard Marx incident they’re ramping up flight attendant training on their use.