News and notes from around the interweb:
- Bizarre call to Troy hotel unearths possible kidnapping, drug, mail and identity theft cases these people seemingly didn’t learn the lesson from Truman Capote that “the problem with living outside the law is that you no longer have its protection.”
- No one knows what will happen to existing Alitalia tickets, and to those being sold now for future travel. Europe is demanding, as a condition of Italy financing the rebooted airline, that it can’t just take over operations of the old carrier – and that appears to include even honoring its tickets.
Copyright: jvdwolf / 123RF Stock Photo
- United Airlines is refreshing its boarding music
- The Hostile Takeover of a Microsoft Flight Simulator Server Shoulda just played Airplane Mode instead.
- This woman thinks complaints about crying babies on planes is a sign of a dying culture – and that’s what you should tell people who complain about them (HT: Tommy L)