News and notes from around the interweb:
- Delta is de-emphasizing their Tokyo Narita hub. They inherited special traffic rights to fly beyond Tokyo from Northwest Airlines. They overfly Tokyo from their Seattle hub, and are shifting connections to their joint venture with Korean Air. So flights to Palau and the Northern Mariana Islands go away in May.
- Ex-Alaska Airlines pilot pleading guilty to flying while drunk
- Etihad is borrowing the rhetoric of low cost carriers (and I’d add of executives at American and United)
- The Uber pay gap explained, the biggest factor is that men drive faster than women.
- Singapore Airlines will be putting Revolution Toilets in their 777s So there’s that.
- Don’t just walk around your rental car looking for dings, check the glove compartment too. (HT: Nick B.)
Thank you @Budget (LIT) for your great service of putting my reputation, freedom and quite possibly my life in jeopardy I’ve unknowingly been driving your car around the last 4 days with a F’N LOADED GUN in the Glove compartment!!🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 pic.twitter.com/NZj7GmtA8V
— Shelton J. Benjamin (@Sheltyb803) February 7, 2018