News and notes from around the interweb:
- US hotel occupancy back near its 2015 all-time high
- Alaska Airlines companion certificate from co-brand credit cards now works on Virgin America flights too.
- New 2.5% cash back card coming in April $0 fee the first year then $59, and actually gives 3% in year one.
- Status report on American’s international first class lounge at New York JFK. I love the lighting, I’ve heard it gets too busy and will only get busier once business class passengers get access. Flagship Dining expected to begin in May.
- Delivery of Iran Air’s third new Airbus plane was delayed, reportedly due to ‘banking restrictions’.
Iran Air A300, Copyright: rebius / 123RF Stock Photo
- Doug Parker thinks American Airlines can beat Delta thanks to new aircraft which is sort of a strange claim considering the airline has viewed itself as saddled with orders placed by legacy American executives before the merger — and because Delta can less expensively capitalize on the used aircraft market and distressed sales by manufacturers. In other words, the claim is now that we’re stuck with all these expensive planes might as well claim it was what we wanted all along.
American Airlines Boeing 787-9