News and notes from around the interweb:
- 1000 free Lufthansa Miles&More miles. This is from a Best Western promotion, in German, use Google Chrome to translate. Offer comes via Doctor of Credit and appears targeted to me so unclear if the miles – registered for very quickly and painlessly – will post.
- Chime and fuel rewards signup bonuses.
- Choice Hotels is offering stay twice and get a free night which is really just bonus points enough for a free night, and Choice points at that so not something I get especially excited over. But better than a hole in the head if you’re staying at one of their properties.
Sadly it’s not as generous as the IHG Rewards great promo that is sadly limited to two free nights but not capped in terms of what those nights get you.
But at least there’s points enough for free nights with minimal stays. Marriott – which usually offers free nights (capped at category 4 redemptions) — has gotten less generous.
- Marriott to add 1300 new hotels by 2017. That’s about the size of all of Starwood.
- Russia is considering banning Western airlines from flying over its airspace. Here’s what would happen if they did. (HT: Alan H.)
- Sure beats the Chinatown bus (HT: Alan H.)