News and notes from around the interweb:
- 1000 free Lufthansa Miles&More miles. This is from a Best Western promotion, in German, use Google Chrome to translate. Offer comes via Doctor of Credit and appears targeted to me so unclear if the miles – registered for very quickly and painlessly – will post.
- Chime and fuel rewards signup bonuses.
- Choice Hotels is offering stay twice and get a free night which is really just bonus points enough for a free night, and Choice points at that so not something I get especially excited over. But better than a hole in the head if you’re staying at one of their properties.
Sadly it’s not as generous as the IHG Rewards great promo that is sadly limited to two free nights but not capped in terms of what those nights get you.
But at least there’s points enough for free nights with minimal stays. Marriott – which usually offers free nights (capped at category 4 redemptions) — has gotten less generous.
- Marriott to add 1300 new hotels by 2017. That’s about the size of all of Starwood.
- Russia is considering banning Western airlines from flying over its airspace. Here’s what would happen if they did. (HT: Alan H.)
- Sure beats the Chinatown bus (HT: Alan H.)
- You can join the 40,000+ people who see these deals and analysis every day — sign up to receive posts by email (just one e-mail per day) or subscribe to the RSS feed. It’s free. You can also follow me on Twitter for the latest deals. Don’t miss out!
Do you think marriott is building new hotel buildings or just putting its name on existing hotels?
IHG must have heard us screaming, because now the T/C for each offer are on their site. Most important is when you click on “About” at the very top of the page, you see:
“With Into the Nights you can earn at least 50,000 points or two free nights at any of the more than 4,700 IHG properties worldwide”.
At any of their properties, as Gary always told us, but now spelled out so there is no confusion/doubt.
I did sign up for the Best Western offer of 1K LH miles a few days ago, but did not get them. However, I also signed up for 500 free LH miles from Deutsche Telekom, and those posted almost immediately. Which was great as it topped off my LH account, and our FC flight for next summer has now been booked without wasting another thousand SPG points.