PointBreaks cost just 5000 points per night to redeem and are a fantastic deal, especially for higher end hotels that may otherwise run 50,000 points per night. (And you can buy these points at 7/10ths of a cent apiece).
But PointBreaks have to be on offer for a hotel you can use during the promotion period.
And you have to act fast, the most desirable properties tend to get pulled down from the list rather quickly.
The new PointBreaks list will be posted on Monday, March 24 for bookings and stays from March 24 to May 31, 2014 (subject to availability). Each Reward Night at these participating hotels will be only 5,000 IHG Rewards Club points during the above mentioned dates.
Here is a sampling of the more than 150 properties that will be featured:
- InterContinental Hotel – Marine Drive Mumbai, India
- InterContinental Hotel – Medellin, Colombia
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Beijing Zhongguancun, China
- Holiday Inn Hotel San Diego – North Miramar, California, U.S.
- Holiday Inn Express Madrid – Alcorcon, Spain
- Staybridge Suites Salt Lake – West Valley City, Utah, U.S.
- Candlewood Suites Elmira Horseheads, New York, U.S.
…A sneak peek with the full list will be posted to our IHG Rewards Club online community tomorrow, Friday, March 21 at http://community.ihg.com/.