News and notes from around the interweb:
- 1500 American miles on a one-day Avis rental
- When US Airways joined the oneworld alliance they weren’t adding fuel surcharges onto British Airways award tickets. Last week they started to, but I explained that it may still be possible to get in under the wire. Matthew walks through the process of how it’s done.
- The indispensable source for all things related to North Korean aviation
- Etihad’s new 3-bedroom The Residence onboard their soon-to-deliver A380 represents a clever use of otherwise-dead space.
- Retiring the MD-80. The end nears for the decades-long mainstay of the American Airlines fleet.
- 10,000 American Express points for making a purchase from ANA of $2000 or more
- American is offering ‘up to 100,000 miles’ for transatlantic travel on their flights and those of their joint venture partners. But it’s actually a bonus of up to 25,000 miles for each roundtrip, earnable four times, and only full fare economy and higher earns any bonus at all.
One-ways earn half of the above. Registration is required using promotion code NA014. And travel must be completed by August 31.