News notes from around the interweb:
- One airline in China will let you buy up to eight empty seats to give yourself social distancing room. This is only available on day of departure. Of course the major U.S. airlines have allowed buying yourself an extra seat for a long time, a great deal when airfares are cheap.
- If you arrive in Hawaii and your cell phone battery is dead you are subject to citation or arrest.
- A new direction for Aimia which used to own Aeroplan, still owns a 49% stake in Aeromexico’s program and does consulting (when loyalty programs are spending much on consultants).
- Lufthansa makes face masks mandatory for passengers May 4 – August 31.
- British Airways plans to merge its two flight attendant groups the pre-strike higher paid ‘worldwide’ and post-strike lower paid ‘mixed fleet’ crews.
- Cathay Pacific has released the recipe for its Cathay Delight mocktail.
- AirAsia’s new PPE-style flight attendant uniforms.