News and notes from around the interweb:
- I’ve always wanted to go here. I’m genuinely not sure why I haven’t (including when there was a $61 mistake fare..).
- How An Ohio Housewife Flew Around The World, Made History, And Was Then Forgotten
- Breakfast is the most important meal of the day… for hotels. (HT: Alan H.) For business destinations, access to quick breakfast, ideally that you can take back to your room so you can work while you get ready is ideal. For resorts, one GM that I much respect told me the first thing she does at a new property is work with the chef to plot out breakfast because it’s an indulgence people don’t get to enjoy in their daily lives.
- A passenger onboard a Delta flight from Atlanta to Los Angeles apparently assaulted flight crew and then a police officer The flight was met by the FBI as well. The passenger was taken from the plane to an ambulance and driven to a hospital. She turns out to be two-time Adult Video News porn star ‘Tory Lane’ who tweeted she was heading back to work in porn the next day. (HT: Brian B.)
- The most popular room service items at Four Seasons hotels. (HT: Alan H.) Where Americans are the main travelers, it’s a burger. But I’d love the biryani or the chicken rice..